Flagler Volusia Chapter Meeting
Wednesday September 14th, 2016
- Call to Order 6:00pm
- Acknowledge new members and visitors
Welcome to :
*Bring up your Coupon for an FSMTA pin!
- Community Speaker
Henry Zahn from Las Olas Argentinean Cuisine
- Christmas Party details, tickets going on sale
5 .Board Meeting Highlights
Joe Latorre-Award Winning Educator-
Injuries, Inflammation and Assessment
Topics to be discussed will include: the importance of client
intake and assessment, differentiation between injury and overuse, postural symmetry, lines of pull, tensegrity, thixotrophy, anatomic relationships, muscles/joints, common pathologies encountered, the physiologic processes of inflammation, role of the blood stream and lymphatic systems, stages of an injury / healing, tissue types involved, invasive vs. non-invasive forms of bodywork, RICE, cold and hot therapies, ROM testing, indications and contraindications.
- 10 minute break-
- LAD fundraising announcements–Secretary Holly Hays
- Closing statements and Signouts
- Last month you did great vacating the building by 8:45, respecting the time of our host, Keiser University. We know you guys are going to continue this by taking your conversations with each other and our presenter outside the building.
- Convention registration opens Dec 1st June 21-25. Extra day and evening classes. Registration is increasing due to extra day so be sure to register EARLY for Early Bird discounts Dec 1st www.myfsmta.org
- Massage Message Magazine is back! The next 2 issues will be digital and back in print January 1st. Check your membership portal for the Convention Issue within the next 2 weeks. New editor and new graphic designer
- As always, check the front table for information about your community, chapter and profession